– Started studying the cello at the age of 9. Enrolled in 1998 in elementary school affiliated to Wuhan, China Conservatory, studying under Prof. Wu, Daosheng.
– In 2000, as the top student to be enrolled in Middle school affiliated to Wuhan Conservatory, guided by Prof.Tang. During in the Middle school, participated and awarded in the competition of provinces and cities many times and in 2004 awarded in the national cello competition.
In school, was committed as a publicity of Arts and was awarded scholarships together with the price of “Outstanding Student” each year.
– 2006 as top student enrolled in Shanghai Conservatory of Music and studied under Prof. Cao Min.
At this time, I often performed with the school orchestra and chamber music to give concerts all over the country. I often participated in the international music summer camp, and won acclaim. In 2008 I won the First prize at the International Chamber Music of Shanghai Conservatory with my string quartet.
I worked in the Student Union for four years, and act as the Leader of the Youth League in the conservatory, when I graduated I was awarded the price of ”Shanghai Excellent Graduating Student”.
– In 2010 I acted as a silent cellist in the Opera “Final Moment” and together with the group were sent to the ‘Edinburgh music festival’ in the United Kingdom to perform, obtaining high acclaim.
– In 2010 I graduated with a bachelor degree from Shanghai Conservatory and was asked by the US composer Tan Dun to join a newly formed string quartet. From October to November, I performed in the contemporary composition “A Water drop from the heaven” which was composed by Maestro Tan Dun. Achieved good praises and directed many musicians, such as violinist Cho-liang Lin, Cellist Jian Wang.
Meanwhile, I won a public foundation prize from the Chinese government, to give me the opportunity to study abroad.
– In March 2011 I studied at the Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya, in Barcelona, Spain under Professor Cristoforo Pesitalozzi for my Masters degree. During the summer I attended some Music Festivals and Master classes in Europe, such as Biel, Switzerland Festival and the Prades Pablo Casals Festival.
– Enrolled in the Conservatory of Music Hannover in 2011 as Master student in cello. Studying with professor Tilmann Wick.
– 2012 Invited to perform at ‘The 3rd Hong Kong International Chamber Music Festival’ in January as a chamber musician with Violinist Cho-liang Lin; Henning Kraggerud; Cellist Desmond Hoebig; “Shanghai Quartet” etc.