Valeria Kapko – Born in 1987 in a family of painters. She started to study the violin at the age of 7 with Larissa Dubanossova in Krasnodar (Russia). When she was 9 she had her first performance with an orchestra. In 2006 Valeria Kapko moved to Moscow, where she became a student at the P. I. Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory (class of professor Irina Bochkova and Rodion Zamuruev). Holder of scholarship from President of Russia, Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation, M. Rostropovich Foundation, Regional foundation “Russian performing Art”.
Participated in master-classes with O. Krysa, M. Rostrtpovich, M. Vengerov.
Prizewinner of the following competitions:
- 2010 — Open Moscow Violin Competition in memory of Andrei Korsakov, Moscow, Russia (1st prize);
- 2009 — 2nd International Chamber Music Competition “New Names”, Sochi, Russia (1st prize);
- 2007 — First Krasnodar International Violin Competition, Krasnodar, Russia (Grand Prix);
- 2005 — Laureate of the International Art Festival “Kinotavrik” patronated by Iosif Kobzon;
- 2003 — Regional Violin Competition for young musicians, Rostov on Don, Russia (2nd Prize)
- 2001 — International Competition of Young Violinists, Novorossysk, Russia (3rd Prize)
- 1999 — Diploma winner of the International Violin Competition in Novosibirsk.
Active participant in various international festivals in Russia, Kazakhstan, the Ukraine, Greece, Switzerland, the USA, etc.
Her recitals and performances with symphony orchestras are invariably successful in Russia, Italy, Greece, France, the USA and many other countries.
Since 2010 she plays on a Jean Baptiste Vuillaume violin, on loan from the State Collection of Unique Musical Instruments of Russia.